Friday, August 29, 2008

Wrinkles

I'm fairly confident this has only been an issue for the last 5-6 months. When I shave in the morning, there is a crease (smile line?) to the right of my mouth, half-moon in shape, that is so deep that when the razor glides across, there remains a semi-circle of white shaving lotion within its depths. It's a stark reminder every morning of my advancing age. Well, that and my hairline. Eh, what can you do? (short of Botox)

I have this plant in my office that sends out long shoots / tresses (I'm not sure of the correct botanical term) that I have, over the past several years, continued to re-affix to my ceiling. The entire top expanse of my office now has vines draped across and hanging down in various spots. About a year ago I affixed a plush-toy monkey to one of the vines. Another monkey followed, then a Toucan, then a butterfly, another bird and, little by little, my "jungle" has accumulated quite the menagerie of suspended wildlife. There are a few clever office personnel who continue to add creatures to this jungle. In addition to that, the creatures are now variously outfitted with medical gear - makeshift stethoscopes, clipboards (complete with little office note replicas), sphygmomanometers, and other stuff. It's quite creative, really. Next time you're in my office, look up.

My oldest is planning on going out for cross country (X-C) this year. We went running twice this week for about 20 minutes. It's been fun to run with another family member. At this point, I slow down for him, but in all likelihood, in a few years it will be the opposite.

All our kids love the comics. Since I'm a bit anal retentive about getting the paper in its pure form, the kids are on a one-day delay with the comics. Every day I read the comics (and the metro section, the front page, and occasionally the business section) and recycle all but the comics, which are put in a special place in my (home) office, where they are brought out for the next morning's breakfast, and promptly destroyed by four children fighting over them.

Had a LOT of psyche stuff in the office this week. People in all kinds of tough situations. Doing the long listening / counseling sessions takes a lot out of one. It's a holiday weekend, though, so I have an extra day to regroup.

Happy labor day all!

No comments: