Wednesday, October 8, 2008

S42



Ok, now it's my turn to hit 42. Kate and I have our last full day at Sunriver today. We drove into Bend and had lunch at an Indian Restaurant (eating Indian at least once on our vacations is kind of a tradition).

I've always been a wanna be rock climber, and since we were in the home of modern sport climbing (Smith Rock) I went to a local climbing gym to get a feel for it. Long story short: my forearms were not really up to the task. I went up and down the wall about 5 times before my hands gave out -- wuss. Even then, I really could only use the holds that had a nice grab to them, the 2 or 3 finger holds were just not doable at my current strength. It's a blast, though. I wish there were a climbing gym closer to where I live.

Then Kate and I drove up to Pilot's Butte (something like that), a lava dome from where you can see the whole Bend area in 360 degrees. Beautiful. (The photo at the top of the blog is from there).

From there it was an hour in a bookstore (since Kate spent a good portion of her B-day with me in a tree, it's only fair that I spend a portion of mine with her in a book store), and then back to Sunriver.

We're going to kick-back for the rest of the day, lounge around with the fire going, watch a movie, it's all good.

No comments: