Saturday, October 11, 2008

Normalcy


Warning: this is one of the dullest blog entries yet. Feel free to skip it.

Our time away is ended, and life gets back to its normal routines. Miscellaneous things since the last blog:

- Took the kids yesterday to the World Forestry Center next to the Portland Zoo. On the way I stopped at Car Toys and got a radio for the "rig" (the Suburban) that has actually dials that aren't broken off and can play our various iPods. The Forestry Center was interesting, more so for the older kids. Still, worth the drive. I got some tree identification books and discovered I had wrongly labeled the tree I'd climbed as a Jeffrey Pine, when in fact it was a Ponderosa pine.
- Caught up on the Daily Show on Hulu
- Went to the office to plow through the stacks of charts that accumulated in my absence (see photo).
- We finally got our CineBlitz Bollywood magazine subscription in the mail.
- Sent an e-mail to In-N-Out Burger because of a local dentist's ad that seemed to be a trademark infringement.
- Climbed up and down a rope hanging from the roof, practicing various things (I want a big tree nearby).
- Played Candy Land with the younger kids (mind numbingly dull)
- Up an hour or two several nights not being able to sleep well (nothing new).
- Got retirement account and kid's college saving account statements in the mail - YIKES.

Ok, I'm stopping there because I'm boring myself. I'm feeling old these days; my warranty must've expired at 42 years.

No comments: