Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shake-cam

`


This is a shot of Bourbon street, with my hotel on the right.

The view out my window. In that open-air patio there were jazz bands that played.


YIKES! It's been a while since I posted. Last weekend I was enjoying a hotel room on Bourbon St. in New Orleans, listening to the noise and jazz coming in the window from the crowds (Sugar Bowl) below. I was in Mississippi (Jackson) over the weekend for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. This was my make-up Portland (OR) marathon that got delayed for 8 weeks after I broke my toe last Summer. After the race a week ago, I decided to make the drive down to New Orleans since I had almost two days before my flight back (and since Jackson, MS is not too exciting a place). So I was in New Orleans for about 24 hours. It was a great time! I walked around a lot, taking in the various sites. I went to sleep on Bourbon St. with a raging Deep South thunderstorm outside, it was awesome. I caught the movie Slumdog Millionaire at a theater by my hotel, and then drove back to Jackson, and caught a plane home the next day.

This weekend (with additional days on each side) I'm Mr. Mom while Kate's in OH with her sister and parents.

We got the Christmas lights down today with no broken limbs (trees or human).

Finally, I'll post a video I made while running the marathon. Facebook followers have already seen the YouTube link (be warned, it's very shaky, and really not too exciting).



That's all folks!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, we're impressed! Great Job! I get a side ache running out to the mailbox.. lol, so you probably wouldn't find us in a marathon, - well, maybe Kylan - he likes to run.