Sunday, September 14, 2008

Long live Carl XVI Gustaf


The title is irrelevant. He's the current King of Sweden, and I just wanted to see how many Swedish hits (if any) I could get to my blog by posting his name.

The weekend is almost over, the blogosphere is full of dire predictions for Black Monday tomorrow, so here's the latest:

  • Went with Mom and Dad to see "Chicago" at the local theater (The Gallery Theater). Excellent show. I knew basically nothing about the musical, but loved the performance! It's more adult themed, but the show was spunky and lively and fun (oh, except when that girl got hanged and the guys got shot). The advertising poster leads off this post.
  • Got a new set of tires for the Suburban (paid 1.5 times what I paid for the car for the tires), a trailer hitch, and some floor mats.
  • Caught up on work at the office. They re-paved and painted the parking lot this weekend, it looks nice.
Basically the biggest "event" of the weekend was negotiating and getting the SUV, so there's not a lot else to tell. I'm still getting used to the fact that the Civic is gone, and this is my new vehicle, but it's kind of fun. I DO miss being able to park in the garage, however.

Ok, off to bed.

No comments: